Technologies for obtaining a proof of integrity and anteriority
The MaPreuve service is based on legally recognized technologies that it wholly owns and controls.
The creation of a proof of integrity and anteriority follows the process below :
1) Connection to the MaPreuve site and selection of the document or filePrerequisite: You have opened a customer account on MaPreuve.
2) Creation of a digital fingerprintMaPreuve creates a summary of your file on your desktop, called the fingerprint, and which consists of a series of unintelligible characters. This fingerprint can detect any later changes in the file. The intrinsic qualities of the algorithm used to calculate the fingerprint are such that it is impossible to create or edit a file to match a given fingerprint.
3) The calculated fingerprint is transmitted to MaPreuveYour file (copy or original) is not at any time transferred to MaPreuve.
It is impossible to restore your file from the latter, thereby preserving the confidentiality of your data.
4) Your fingerprint is electronically signedThe electronic signature ensures the integrity of your file (the signature is associated with the calculated fingerprint) and proves that the user has used the services of MaPreuve, the fingerprint’s signatory.
This signature is based on the use of a digital certificate that must be issued by a Certification Authority recognised as a Trusted Authority. This is the case of the Certigna Authority of Dhimyotis, publisher of MaPreuve. The certificates issued by this authority are ETSI TS or RGS standardized, respectively European and French standards necessary for the recognition of the signature as legal proof.
5) The timestamping of your fingerprintA specific and unfalsifiable date is "affixed" (known as "time stamp") on the file fingerprint. This timestamping is proof of the existence at a certain date of the time stamped data, therefore of the file from which the fingerprint has been calculated. This date is provided by the time servers connected to the atomic clocks.
The time stamp is an item of information that is calculated from the signed fingerprint and the generation date of this fingerprint. Our timestamping server offers both precision and non-falsification of this certified date.
6) Creation of the proofA zipped file is created locally on your workstation. It contains three elements: a copy of your original file, the electronically signed attestation in PDF format, and the signed and time-stamped fingerprint.
This file constitutes your proof. Remember to keep it in a safe place.
7) Production of an attestation of proofThis attestation contains all the elements of the process carried out.
8) Sending of this attestation of proof by certified mailThis email is signed with the digital certificate issued by Certigna (property of Dhimyotis), trusted authority known worldwide. With this signature, you can authenticate the sender of the email and you are assured of the integrity of its content (message and attachment).